Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Memorial For Josh

It's crazy to think it's been one year since Josh died. He missed so much and we think about him often. There has been a lot of healing in the last year. Jess posted this on her Facebook on the day of his memorial: Wow. I can't believe it has already been one full year since Josh left us. It's definitely been one of the hardest things I've had to go through, especially with seeing our family hurt so much, and it's still hard today, but time heals. I remember when it happened all anyone could do was cry. We'd hug, and cry. Smile through the pain, and cry. Try to remember the good things about Josh, and cry. Watch the beautiful video Adam made, and cry. Look at pictures, and cry. Every single thing we did was covered in complete sadness and grief we couldn't escape. But that's a part of the process. And everyone's journey through grief looks a little different. Maybe we still feel broken, but the fractures we have are able to be filled with love, empathy, and understanding. But looking back over this year I can say with confidence that those of us who knew Josh and loved him are all a little better than we were a year ago. Whether that be having greater empathy for the people around us, or remembering to be a little kinder to others because we're all in this journey of life together and never know what someone may be dealing with. I feel so strongly that we need not separate ourselves from each other, but draw closer together and connect ourselves with the people around us. For that's where're we receive our strength. From the connections we make with others & of course God who is the ultimate source of peace. I just felt impressed to share my feelings this day and hope that whoever reads this knows how wonderful they are. I truly believe every person on this earth, no matter who they are, matters. You are enough. You are not flawed in any way. You are trying your best. If anyone feels like they need someone to talk to, even if we've never met, I would be more than happy to talk and listen and feel with you. I love you all. And especially my beautiful family that means the world to me. You guys are great. And I'm so grateful forTammi , Michael , Brandon , Madison , and Logan. For their amazing strength and beautiful souls. I look up to you all so much and I love you guys more than anything!

The memorial was beautiful. Everyone wrote on ballons, and there was a feeling of peace and love there as we hugged and remembered. We feel so blessed to be a part of such a strong family with a firm faith in Heavenly Father's plan. We understand that families are forever and that we will be with Josh again. 









No comments:

Post a Comment