Thursday, October 22, 2009

She is Here!








After a long 4 day induction process that went nothing like the "dream labor" I wrote about in my journal, Zoey finally came! It was quite the experience. I was induced on sun oct 11th, then sent home 24 hours later with no progress. I was supposed to go back in the next night, but there were no beds...too many people ACTUALLY having babies. Wed morning we started again with more cytotec and then pitocin. After another 24 hours Zoey came. I was so exhausted I was falling asleep in between pushes.

Meliss and my mom were there for the birth and of course Jake was there... updating people every hour on facebook about the slow progress! lol. It was really special to have them there..all my favorite Libras there to welcome to newest favorite Libra!

Zoey Faye Nelson was born Oct 15th at 10:07 (11 days after her due date I might add!!). She weighed 7lb 15oz and was 21 inches long. Everyone said she looks just like Jake. I'm kind of bummed about that since I did all the work!! She could at least have a dimple or something! lol.

While I don't want to do that again for a very long time, I am happy to have a healthy little girl! She makes me smile, and I love just cuddling up with her. She is going to bless so many peoples lives!!


No comments:

Post a Comment