Thursday, July 5, 2012

Zoey 2 3/4

Zoey is still such a sweet little girl. She is so fun with talk with these days. I love being able to have a conversation with her.  She repeats anything you say. If you say, "time to clean up the toys", she will echo back, "time the clean up the toys?". It's pretty cute.

We are growing out Zoey's bangs. Her hair is constantly a mess. "My hair a mess?", she always says. She has a funky part and that little blonde patch is always in a knot. Mommy isn't the best a keeping it brushed and pretty though! Grandma always does a nice job though!

Zoey loves Jake's cousins! She loves loves loves Hope! They play really well together. (side note.... I remember going to Hope's blessing the night after Jake and I got engaged. It was such an exciting time!)

This girl LOVES to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"! She will say, "Mom, I'm gonna sing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star', okay?" She will perform for just about anyone. She also likes ABCs, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, Itsy Bitsy Spider, I Am A Child Of God. There pretty much isn't anything cuter than a 2 year old singing a song and not quite getting the lyrics right.

I think that Zoey might never be potty trained. She FREAKS out if her diaper is off for longer than 30 seconds. She even freaks out if Logan's diaper is off! We got her to pee in the potty once. It was amazing. She was thrilled, we were thrilled. But that was it. We have candy and presents wrapped for her. She has like 2 different potty's. Not interested ONE BIT! I am pretty sure Logan will potty train before her. That kid will do anything for candy!

I have been thinking a lot about what I think Zoey will be like when she gets bigger. She seems to have a really obedient heart. Don't get me wrong, she is a typical two year old with temper tantrums and all, but she seems to be like rules. You can threaten Zoey with sitting in the corner and she will knock it off. She will point out when Logan is breaking the rules.  You can say, " You are making Grandma sad when you spill milk on the floor" and that will make her really concerned. I hope she is like this forever. She seems to have such compassion for people.

She is really good at puzzles, memory, angry birds, counting, colors, understanding directions, somersaults, jumping on the trampoline, making friends, helping mommy bake, sharing (for the most part)

In the morning, she usually gets up first and we spend an hour or so in bed cuddling and watching her shows. I love this time with her and will miss it terribly when I go back to work.

I should prob also get her in a toddler bed, take away her binkie and bottles at bed before I go back to work too, but I really just don't want to. She is so happy in her little crib (with the crib tent on!) and might die without her binkies. I know I just have to do it. She will live. I will live. Maybe next week. 

I really love this little girl of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment