Friday, August 26, 2011

Natural Disaster Week!

What a week!

I started off the new school year and it has been quite the week!

On Wednesday while I was at Wal-Mart picking up some things for my classroom the ground and the aisles started shaking. I was standing next to 2 other women and we just stood there staring at each other wide eyed! It only last 15 seconds or so. Apparently an earthquake (5.8) that generated in Virginia made its way up a lot of the east coast, even up to NY (my parents felt it). It was a bizarre experience, but there was hardly any damage. Jake didn't even feel it.

Tomorrow I doubt he will be able to avoid the natural disaster heading our way. Hurricane Irene is making its way up the east cost right now and it's a pretty big storm. We got a call today to expect several days without powers.....yuck! We have such huge trees surrounding us (one of them dead). I really hope we don't have any damage to the house and can stay safe as the storm comes through.

It is crazy to have 2 big events in 1 week, plus starting school is huge on its own. Tomorrow I am going to enjoy my Zumba class in the morning and then hurry and run all the errands we need before we are stuck in the house for a while!

Send a prayer our way and up the east coast if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment