Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby Logan's Arrival

On December 8th at 6:00pm Logan Hyrum Nelson joined the family!! Things went so much better this time around. My induction was pushed back to Tues Dec 7th 8pm. With Jake and I not having any family coming in until Wed, we decided that Jake should drop me off at the hospital and go home and get a good night sleep and be with Zoey. I really didn't mind being on my own in the hospital. Since I wasn't dilated or anything I expected it to be a pretty boring night anyway, but once they inserted the cytocec, the contractions started. They were coming every 1 1/2 min, and lasting a min. They were bareable though. I was just thrilled to be having contractions. I didn't really sleep and by 5am I asked for some pain killers. They gave me Stadol (sp?) and man, it made me loopy and basically passed me right out.

I got checked a few hours later and made it to 4cm! (compared to Zoey labor where I didn't make it to 4 cm for 3 days!) Jake came just as I was getting my epidural about 10am. The contractions were stronger and I figured I might as well get the epi before I was beyond miserable. It felt great for a few hrs and then started wearing off. Next time I will really try to hold out on the epi till I'm further along.

They broke my water and things just progressed so nicely from there. By 5pm I was ready to start pushing but apparently so were 2 other girls. That's when my fav OB came waltzing in, Dr. Sorra. She delivered Zoey and I just love her. I was really bummed when her shift ended at noon earlier in the day but thankfully all the girls delivering at the same time demanded more help and she had to come back in and she picked me to deliver! yeah!

I pushed for 15 min. I felt EVERY THING. It was pretty miserable, but thankfully it was 15 min and according the Dr. Sorra I am an "excellent pusher". Well....its good motivation when it hurts like that!!

Logan came out and they put him on my chest and I was soo happy to see him. He weighed 9 lb 6oz! That was a shocker. I knew I was big, but I would never thought over 9 lbs!! They took him to the nursery cause he was "talking" which was like a quiver instead of a full out cry so they just wanted to check him out. It was better than way cause I was hemmoraging and the dr's worked on me for a while.

The best surprise where my crazy parents showed up. They drove the 5 hours from NY just to see the baby and then left!!! lol. I got to sit and talk with them a bit while I got to eat some food. Jake had to go and get Zoey and see his mom who had flown in a few hours earlier, so it was nice to relax and have my parents to talk to. I really appreciated them being there and felt really loved.

After they left I got transferred to my other room and got to have some alone time with Logan. It was so nice to cuddle him up and be there alone with him. Jake came back and few hours later and then Jake left for home and the nurse took Logan to the nursery so I could get some sleep.

The next day Zoey and Grandma Nelson came with Jake to meet Logan. Zoey wasn't too interested, which is better than jealous. She does give kisses and likes to help hold the bottle.

We have been home for 3 weeks now and are really loving our Logan. He has been so good and cuddly, and just a sweetie pie. Breastfeeding is going pretty well and he loves to sleep which has been helpful with Zoey such a busy girl. I can't imagine our family without him!


  1. job well done! He looks so sweet and handsome! I'm really happy for you three! and now four! (5 if you count the dog)

  2. Oh, Stace ... I'm so happy for you. Your post made me baby hungry something fierce though. :)

  3. Congratulations, you guys! Couldn't be happier for you!!

  4. Congrats! I am so happy for you and glad he is a good baby. I can't wait to see him. Let me know if you need any help. I would love to take Zoey for an afternoon if you need to get something done or just need a nap!

  5. Congrats! Glad to hear he made it here and that you both are doing well!