Sunday, July 4, 2010

Making Baby Food

I thought I would give making baby food a try and was so happy with how easy it was and how nice it is to know exactly what Zoey is eating! Here is what I did...Step 1: I took organic frozen vegetables and steamed them...making sure not to over cook them so I wouldn't kill the nutrients.


Step 2: I put the carrots and the water I steamed the carrots with (any lost nutrients would have drained into the water) in the magic bullet.


Step 3: Puree with the magic bullet. Add more water if it is too thick.


Viola! I kept mine pretty thick and watered it down if needed at feeding.


Step 4: Put in these perfect size GLAD tubberwares. I put half in the freezer and half in the fridge to use right away.

I haven't done a ton....a few different veggies and I did peaches. I used canned peaches which came out very watery, even with no juice or water added. I will keep experimenting with it. Excited that is worked out so well!!

2 comments:

  1. Another thing you can do (if you want to vary portion sizes) is freeze it in an ice cube tray. After it's frozen, you can dump the cubes into a freezer bag and then use however many you want. It makes it easy for when you mix foods, too.
    She's so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard people do that. our freezer is so stuffed to the max. i will have to re-organize and try that!

    ReplyDelete