Tuesday, February 16, 2010

16 and Pregnant

Tonight I watched the MTV show "16 and Pregnant". I watched this very young 16 year old girl, young as in more worried about going out and partying than feeding her baby. I watched as this silly girl screamed at her mother (who was working 40 hour weeks, getting up with the baby, bringing the baby to and from day care and taking care of the baby in the evening) because her mother wanted her to stay in and help with the baby instead of going out to a party. This girl said she thought the baby would be fun one day when he started sleeping through the night and not needing so much attention. I was so angry with this girl for keeping this baby she was clearly not ready to raise. It makes me sad this baby will be raised as a second priority to a teenagers social agenda.

I am so thankful for my marriage, my education, my job, my religion, my family and my home that give me so much confidence bringing a baby into the world. I can't imagine giving Zoey anything less in her little life. While Jake and I weren't trying, becoming pregnant wasn't a tragedy. I didn't have to change my behaviors, or habits, or start getting my act together in order to offer my baby what she deserves. I feel very blessed to have what I do. I realize how lucky I am, but I know a lot of it has come from me working hard to have a life that I can be proud of.

I know that life is not easy, but I know Heavenly Father blesses me and loves me. I know he sent Zoey to me to bless my life and to put her in my care so I can teach her and raise her. I am even more thankful to know that families are forever and that there is life after death, and that whatever happens to me and my family in this life, that in heaven we will all be together again and forever. This brings me much comfort in a crazy and sometimes scary world.

I hope the best for that little baby with the 16 year old mother. I hope he grows up and decides that when he is ready to be a daddy himself will be when he can give his baby the world. I hope that 16 year old mother grows up fast and sees that a little life has been put in her care.

Now all I want to do is go and wake my baby up and give her a big kiss.

....but I won't cause I'm not crazy! :o)

1 comment:

  1. I watched this show with Chris.

    We were both yelling at the t.v!

    ReplyDelete