Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Back To Work

The alarm went off this morning and up I got up for work. I got dressed, grabbed some random things for lunch, did my makeup, kissed jake and the baby and Linkin good bye and off I went. The bell rang and in came the students and I didn't even act like I had ever left. "Take out a piece of paper" were the first words I said to them. I didn't mention a baby or the fact I hadn't seen them for almost 2 months. I just jumped right in. ( I did pass around some pics though)

It feels like I never left (except for the fact that I was expressing my milk in the back closet this morning during the announcements). I am not sure if that is good or bad. Someone asked me if I cried when I had to leave the baby this morning. uhhhh...Was I supposed to??

Don't get me wrong. I love my baby. Her smiles just melt my heart (which she does mostly when you are changing her, or bathing her, or when she is waking up in the morning and smiles at you like she is saying 'Oh there you are!') Plus, I will see her in a few hours. She is in good hands with her daddy.

So... its good to be back at work. I don't love work, trust me. I am not the type to go skipping out the door in the morning. I am most always fighting the clock and draging my feet to get myself to school. I think what helps is that I teach Foods classes. Its just fun stuff and worth the hard work I put into it. I probably would have been crying this morning if I had to come back to a Chemistry class or something like that! What are we doing in Foods for the next 3 weeks??? GINGERBREAD HOUSE COMPETITION!!

I think I will always be a working mom in one way or another....unless Jake makes millions with all his inventions. :o) I am still really devoted to opening my cupcake shop and we have a business plan in the works. The hope is summer 2011 for the opening, and by 2012 for me to be done teaching and making good money so I CAN stay home with my babies and manage the cupcake shop when needed. (If you know anyone looking to invest in some good cupcakes, send em my way!)

All in all I am proud of being a working mom. I was upset at the whole idea at the beginning of my pregnancy. But, I know that this is what I need to do for my family right now while Jake is in school and it makes it easier to come back when I know I'm doing it for them!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you girl! I want to see pix of the results of that gingerbread competition! :)

    ReplyDelete