Sunday, October 16, 2016

Happy Easter!

We had a really great easter! The Easter Bunny came and brought such great little baskets filled with candy and fairy garden items. How did the Easter Bunny know we wanted to do a fairy garden?!! 
This year we made "tomb" treats that showed that Christ died and was risen from the tomb. The kids all helped and they were just something different and special to make. 

We are so lucky to celebrate Easter and to remember our Savior. As I think about what was happening as Christ died, I can imagine the confusion and the sadness that everyone felt. The apostles truly loved him and now their friend and their King was gone. How wonderful it must have been to see him again after he had died; To know that he did indeed keep his promises, and that he really was who he said that he was. I'm so grateful for a Savior that was so humble, and so real and so "unglorified" here on earth, but still had the power to anything he could have wanted to do and he still chose to die for me. He chose to be spat upon, mocked and physically tormented. "Oh it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me". There are not really words to express that kind of love, but I am in awe of it, and am so so grateful to have this testimony of Him and his live and his death. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment