Monday, September 14, 2015

8 Years of Blissful Memories: The Best of Me in Act 3

It's been said that all the world is a stage.  Act 1 of my life was made up of many scenes that began my progression toward adulthood.  I was involved in sports, performing arts, student governments, a lot of mischief and of course pursuing girls.  I was mostly concerned with myself and not spending much of my energy giving.  In Act 2 I used what I learned to succeed in my early childhood and tried to apply it in serving others.  From volunteer church callings to management and leadership positions at work and in school, I was well on my way to becoming... well, less selfish.  Having learned a lot about what it takes to give of myself and think about what makes others happy before me, I could see the final scene of Act 2 coming to a close.  Nine years ago I was officially ready to close this chapter of my ultimately selfish, single life.  Some time in the middle of 2006 I joined LDSMingle, a website geared towards giving single Mormons somewhere to network (meet to get married).  I had a minor expectation that I would meet the person I would want to spend the rest of my life with.  I did.  And, although I was scared to admit it, I knew I Stacey was perfect for me.  We were immediately comfortable around each other, and most importantly, I was comfortable being myself when with her.  Over the years we have had so many great times together.

Today is our 8-Year Anniversary, and I am pleased to say that I married the person who is better than anyone I ever imagined.  Every year has been better than the last.  I don't know how I could've made it as far as I have with anyone else.  You have been a rock in my life, and I am so grateful for that.  Grateful for you.  Grateful for everything you've done for us.  This third act of my life has been amazing.  You have taught me how important it is to give.  I am excited for the next 8 years.  But, for now I am going to make this next year all about you.  As the song "Best of Me" says,

No one could ever touch me more
and I only hope that in return
No matter how much we've had to learn
That I might have saved the best, the very best, of me for you

I love you Stacey.  Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment